Cloud computing has been beneficial to small and midsized businesses (smb) according to the latest survey by Spiceworks. Here are the latest findings:
- 14% – say they’re accessing productivity suites in the cloud, while 6 percent say that they will be adding cloud-based productivity platforms in the next six months.
- 33% – say that they have employees using their own cloud-based file-sharing services.
- 19% – say that they have an approved vendor providing file-sharing services.
- 87% – say that their employees are using some sort of file sharing service.
- 56% – say the primary reason they use the cloud to reduce IT staff cost
What these batch of numbers show is the fact that SMB’s are embracing the cloud and has access to tools that were just a few short years ago – out of reach.
We should note, that according to the 2008 US Census statics that SMB’s are the fastest growing business segment. There were;
- 5,821,277 – SMB (defined as 1-100 employees)
- 3,617,764 – businesses with less than 4 employees
- 18,469 – companies with more than 500 employees
- 3,044 – companies with more than 1000 employees
- 1,956 – companies with more than 5000 employees
- 981 – companies with more than 10,000 employees
It should also be noted that 4,608,036 of these business report less than $1 million in annual revenue.
According to the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA)
- 92% of start-ups are new independent businesses
- 50% of start-ups are home-based
- 40% rent or lease
- 91% have fewer than 10 employees
If you would like, we provide a Free Technical Assessment, this can be beneficial to new and startup companies that are not sure where to start. You can always find our cloud and hosted services in the right column of this page or by simply going to our website at Raven Cloud Computing.